Tuesday, September 21, 2004

It's the Last Day of Summer...

...and it has been cold and raining all day. Hiks...Summer went really fast. I skipped my copy-editing class today and ended up working its homework. We have to create a design for either a four page newsletter or a front-page of a newspaper. I haven't finished it yet, but at least I'm in the second page now. Anyway, Aliya told me to put our New York weekend getaway story in my blog, so I guess I'm just gonna write about that.

Day 1:

I arrived in JFK and Kamala picked me up. We went to her apartment in Manhattan with that goddamn taxi, which was so expensive. Fourty five freekin' dollars. Oh well. After that, we met up with Dimas, who drove from Philly, and we went to meet Aliya and Rayner. We had so much fun!! We went out to eat, of course, yakitori..and then we met up with Denny. Gosh, it's been a long time, since we last met.

We went to a jazz lounge (i forgot what its name), and then we went to Dallas bbq to eat again! Gosh..it's all about eating that night. We met up with Debon and Ali and..oh..I met Yulie, my friend from elementary school, whom I hadn't seen since ages. We went home at around 2 a.m. and crashed in bed. It was a long night.

Day 2:

Me and Kamala went out for lunch to get some korean food. After walking through lots..i mean LOTS of korean restaurants, we finally chose one with a funny name! I forgot what it was. After a while, Rayner and Aliya came and then we went shopping from there. Woohoo! We went to a lot of cool shops in Soho. From there we ate dinner at nyonya and then we went home. At night, we promised Denny that we're going to his farewell party..and we did. But first we made a stop in Times Square and went clubbing for a couple hours at Avalon. This place used to be a church and they renovated it. It was a really cool place. I had fun and I was sober! We decided to go to Denny's party at around 2 a.m. at Nova. I met Ka' Shinta and a lot of Denny's friends. Somebody had a "little" jagerblaster accident..hehehe...thank God, we got a ride from Dimas. Thanks, Dimskibuw!! We had fun talking to "her" that night, didn't we Dim? Hihihihihi.

Day 3:

Aliya and Rayner left NY that day. Me and Kamala went out to eat the "lunch" Gyros..hehe..they said the "night" Gyros was better. Oh Well...it's good though. Then, we saw the Republican National Convention protest on the street. There's a lot of people that day. It was crazy. I got some pictures in my cell, but they weren't very clear. For dinner, we went to Bubba Gump. It was a fun restaurant, because it had Forest Gump theme, so everything was about the movie. We went home and watch the MTV VMA on TV and I kinda helped Kamala pumped her air bed!! Gosh..that was tough, because she didn't bought the electric pump, so we need to pump it by hand!! It took us an hour!! Anyway, we went to bed at about 1 a.m.

Day 4:

I got up at around 3:00 a.m. and we left from Kamala's apartment at around 4:30 a.m. We had a little problem with the Subway because it didn't show up when it was supposed to. I started to panick but I tried to look calm hehehhehee...just kidding. I got there on time though. And..that's pretty much it. Check out some pictures on my "pictures" page.

And now..I'm looking forward to:

September 24: Norah Jones Concert at Red Rock
November 20: Another New York Trip!!!

Yay!!

No comments: