Sunday, August 15, 2004

Busy..Busy..Busy

The current mood of dhania at www.imood.com

I'm at the library. Blogging. I was supposed to finish my research proposal, but I guess it wouldn't happen. It's almost done, but I still have some parts that are missing. So, here I am, sitting at the library..listening to my mp3s.

Anyway, I've been really busy this week and will be busy again next week. Why? We have trainings almost everyday for residence life at csu with all the RAs (Residence Assistant) and staff. Not only with trainings, but I also have million things to do at work. I have to finish our bulletin board, display cases, packets for our upcoming International Women's Orientation, newsletter, plus my research proposal :o Lucky me, today we don't have any trainings.

One part of the trainings that I liked was the GLBT (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender) presentation. It really gave me a new perspective and understanding about the GLBT community. We also learned a lot of GLBT definitions. I'm glad that I went to that presentation.

Last night we had a dance at Corbett Hall. Me and some other staff had to come early to decorate the room. The theme of the dance is the timeline of different generation. We have decoration for the Ice Age, Ancient Egypt, the 50s, 60s, and 70s, and the Future. The central program staff had to dress like the people from the ancient greek, while others dressed as people from the great depression era, 80s (I saw two girls dressed like cindy lauper!), last day on earth, present, future, wild-wild west, and the 70s (they dressed like in the movie, Grease. It was wild. I wore a Balinese sarong that I wrapped around my body. It's more like a hawaiian theme than the ancient greek. It was fun.

Hmm..it's already three o'clock and the library will close in two hours. I should probably try to finish my proposal now.

No comments: