Monday, August 23, 2004

Addicted to Reality Shows..?

Where have I been? I've been around..working as usual. We had RAM Welcome, a two-week programs for new and returning students at CSU. The programs include carnival and other interesting events. The carnival was on Thursday. It was supposed to be an outdoor event, but because of the weather, they moved it inside the Moby arena. Moby arena is a place where we have athletic events, such as volleyball and basketball. During the carnival, I had to watch the ring toss booth. It was a hard one and not many people came to try, because they knew it would be hard.

I was also supposed to work on Saturday night for a dance program, but it was cancelled. So, I ended up going to a presentation from STA travel. For those of you who like to watch Road Rules extreme on MTV, that Jodi girl came to CSU to represent the STA travel. She talked about her travel experience and her life on the road with the other road rulers. It was interesting to hear her experience and it was also interesting to hear the questions that came up from the people who came to the presentation. At the beginning, people were kinda just asking questions about the places she had traveled, bla..bla..bla, and then there was one guy who started to ask questions about how to apply to be in the Real World/Road Rules show. And then, people were starting to ask questions about all the drama that's happening in the Road Rules extreme show, including me :P

I'm not a really big fan of reality TV shows, but when it comes to MTV reality shows..you can call me an addict. I watch everything on MTV, from the newlyweds, Ashley Simpson show, to real world and road rules. I even watch the Assistant!! For those who don't know about the Assistant, it is a show where Andy Dick is trying to hire a new assistant for him. It's a really irritating show, especially when you're watching Andy Dick throws up (okay, that's disgusting), but I keep watching it anyway. Anyway, back to Jodi. There was this girl who asked about what happened between her and Patrick, another road ruler. And she was like, "well, there was a kiss, but they didn't really show it on TV..bla..bla..bla.." Then, what happened to Patrick and Jillian? I was just curious about that, so that question came up from me. And she was like, "well, we all kinda talk about it, and now they never speak to each other again." Now, I'm thinking, I don't think that's an appropriate question :P If I hook up with a guy, and that guy hook up with somebody else, I don't think I want to know what happen to that guy :P Maybe it's just me..hihihi.

Anyways, today is the first day of the Fall semester. It went really well. I worked a little bit today to finish my "recycling" display case. Then, I went to the mall and bought some earrings. And then, I went to Starbucks for a cup of caramel macchiatto and bought some chocolates for my mom. I only had one class today, communication to technology transfer. It seems like a fun class. We talked about new technologies and how the technologies play an important part in communication.

In four days, I'll be in New York. Yay! I can't wait to get out from this town, to leave my Fort Collins' weekend rituals, to leave behind all the complicated situations that still remain unsolved. I'm getting blurred. At the end, I just wanna have fun. Period.

No comments: