Thursday, July 22, 2004

It's Raining..Again!!

I just got back from work and it's raining..again. It's been like this since this afternoon. I got a split shift at work today, so I got a chance to take a nap..hihihi. Anyways, my week has been going well. I pretty much work during the day and just hang out or eat out with friends. Here in Fort Collins, we have a lot of restaurants, but there aren't that many variety of food. Maybe I'm just bored with all the food. But one restaurant that keeps going up in my favorite list is Jeju. It's a Japanese-Korean restaurant, located in downtown of Fort Collins. They have a really good food there, from sushi to tempura to Korean barbecue. Hmm...Yummy. The atmosphere is also really nice. It's more like a loungelike with a nice light setting, where you can here Jazz and blues music. It's not like an Asian restaurant at all. Here in Fort Collins, we also have a lot of local owner coffee shops. I've only been to one of them, and it was..alright. Still, Starbucks is way much better. Many people here, well..maybe in the other states too, they're not really a fan of Starbucks and its monopoly power. What's with that anyway? So what, they have a good coffee, and they're making a lot of money from it. I found this Web Site about Why do I hate Starbucks? This guy..or gal came up with numbers of reason why he or she hates Starbucks:

  • The majority of the coffee is grown using underpaid third world labor.
  • Starbucks is spreading the world like a virus, infecting cultures with their formula of what a coffee shop should be.
  • They are everywhere.
  • They have predatory business practices. Doing things like paying landlords to not renew leases for coffee shops so that they can move in.
  • They sell fake corporate responsibility.
  • I think that their coffee sucks. It is always bitter.
  • The gross profit margin per store is, on average, 59.1%, this is money that could easily be lost if they paid more than a dollar a pound for coffee. (read: livable wage for their slave labor)
  • Faux ecologic responsibility.

What do you think? Maybe some of them make sense, but I still love drinking their coffee anyway. And...they say that you will feel the Starbucks experience when you drink their coffee. I agree..whatever that means!

I, Robot Anyway, me and my friends had been wanting to see I, Robot. So, yesterday, after I got home from working long hours, the four of us went to see I, Robot. It was awesome, I like it a lot. It will be scarry though, if that's how 2035 is gonna be like..hehe, but maybe it will be really cool to have a robot at home.

There are lots of good movies at the theatre that I haven't seen. And more good movies are "coming soon" hihihi..Bourne Supremacy and Collateral are on the top of my list. The village? I don't know, I get scared easily by watching that kind of movie. I also haven't seen Fahrenheit 9/11, The Terminal, and The Notebook. Isn't that sad..hiks.

By the way, I got a call from Neeru this afternoon. He's been having fun for the past two months in Jakarta now!! I'm so jealous. But I will see my parents too in about two weeks though. Yup..they're coming here. Well, I'm planning to meet them in Las Vegas. I made a lot of plans, and I just found out yesterday that I have to be in a two weeks full of training when they're here. It's kinda sad, but I'll see what I can do with the schedule.
Well, that's all for now. Have a great night you guys!




No comments: