Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Lost in Translation

I remember when I was younger, I found that it was very easy to say "I love you." The question is, how hard is it to say those three little words? I remembered that people use to say those words all the time, even in their early stage of relationship, means on their first day when they declare their "official relationship!" So what? You care about somebody so that means you also love that person. WRONG!!

I remembered when I started dating him. It took him maybe two months before he actually said it, that I started to wonder if the phrase was so old-fashioned that people didn't even say it anymore. When he finally said it, then I said it back. I mean, what did you want me to say? I wasn't trying to be nice, because I'd always knew that I felt the same way. What's the big deal about it, I wonder? What's so hard about saying it? I guess I was just lost.

I finally asked him what took him so long to say it. He looked at me, puzzled. He thought that it was a bit too fast, though he'd been wanting to say it earlier. And I was like, OK, then why didn't he just say it? I explained about my translation of the famous "I love yous" and he just laughed. I didn't get it.

Just like I said on one of my postssome time ago, people say these three little words all the time that they do not even realize or understand what they actually mean. They just say it because it is a necessity in a relationship not just because they want to take the relationship seriously to the next level...I mean "seriously to the next level."

Just because you kiss somebody, that doesn't mean you love that person. Just because you have a crush on somebody, that doesn't mean that you love that person. Love grows. Just like puzzle, you try to solve it by placing the pieces one by one. And when you finally place that one last piece, you will feel this satisfaction because now it is all clear and you can see the whole picture. It's all complete.

After having a long talk about it, then I realized that, "Oh my God," I've been lost for so long. That is not something that should be easy to say. The meaning is different for each person, but it will always be beautiful if it comes from the heart.

I came accross this quote that I really like:

"Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.'”

My puzzle is finally complete!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good.

Why did you choose this title for the post?

Edward Ott said...

I like that quote a lot.