Friday, July 15, 2005

Soulmates - Do they really exist?

Sometimes in a relationship we question ourselves whether or not our partners are our soulmates. We feel the connection and love between each other that we sometimes try to convince ourselves that we have found our soulmates. But then, not all relationships work out perfectly like in fairy tales. Things happen here and there, and when things are starting to fall apart, we realize that our partners are not exactly the people who we consider as our soulmates.

So, the question is, do soulmates really exist or are they only our imaginations and creations in life? Is there really someone on the other side of this world who is waiting to complete you? And is it a part of our missions in this life to find that other half? Or is this just another serendipity or a fortunate accident that waiting to happen?

So many questions, so little answers.

One thing about soulmates is they may come when the time is right, you may not even realize.

I consider a soulmate as someone who can fill my life with peace and happiness. Someone who can complete me when I feel incomplete. Someone whom I can open up to without being asked. Someone who is the missing piece of a puzzle that I've been searching for. Someone who can make me smile from the heart when I finally put down that last missing piece. Someone who can make me feel wanted. Someone who can give me a warm feeling that I've never felt before. Someone whom I trust. Someone who can make me a better person everyday. Someone who can make a simple word, such as "us" means more than anything. Someone whom I can't stop thinking about. Someone whom I consider as one of the most important parts of my life. Someone whom I can't live without. And finally, someone whom I truly love so much.

So, do they really exist? I guess they do. Of course, if you believe in them.

ps: thanks for coming into my life.

"A soulmate is someone who has the locks to fit our keys, and the keys to fit our locks. When we feel safe enough to open the locks, our truest selves step out and we can be completely and honestly who we; we can be loved for who we are and for who we're pretending to be. Each of us unveils the best part of one another. No matter what else goes wrong around us, with that one person were safe in our paradise. Our soulmate is someone who shares our deepest longings, our sense of direction. When we're two balloons, and together our direction is up, chances are we've found the right person. Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life."

-Richard Bach

No comments: